Two decades of supporting and encouraging families have taught me I am not a perfect dad. As a father of three, I have deeply appreciated the support and wisdom I have received from others, including the families I have been supporting. This helped me be the sort of dad I want to be. Helping me to see my children grow and flourish in the ways I hoped they would, even if there are still days I want to pull my hair out.
It feels like parents are under more pressure than ever to be “perfect”. I am confident that I can’t make parents perfect, but I can help parents find how to increase their joy, calmness, and fruitfulness in their parenting. Many times I have experienced the joy of seeing a parent come back to me after a session and say with a big smile on their face “it worked”. Seeing parents enjoy making positive changes in their parenting is something I wish to offer to as many people as I can.
Parenting can be calmer, more enjoyable and fruitful
What I offer:
- 1-2-1 parenting coaching sessions, face-to-face, on the phone or on Skype.
- Running parenting courses
- Running targeted group workshops on commons issues like; tantrums, bedtime & technology challenges.
- Media work and comments on topical issues arising around parenting.
What you can expect from me:
- Confident in 1-2-1 setting or in a large group.
- Fun (I often receive feed back that while keeping high professional standards, time with me is fun.)
- Worked as a youth worker for the local authority.
- He has delivered numerous parenting courses.
- Multiple agencies have called upon him to provide one-to-one parenting support for those in the local area who are facing a crisis in their parenting or who just need a bit of extra support.
- several universities use Richard to teach trainee social work students about effective strategies when working with families
- Richard has worked for two churches
- Richard has helped and encouraged people from a wide range backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences.
Through these varied experiences, over the last 17 years, the parenting support skills which Richard has developed have been tested in some extreme families and circumstances.
This means that you can have confidence that the approaches Richard shares work and that nothing your family is facing will shock or surprise him!
Richard will have helped support people with the issues and dilemmas you are facing and is very willing to support you to be the sort of parent and family you desire.
Honours degree in Community and Youth Studies ( St Martins, Lancaster)
Honours degree in Theology (University of wales)
Diploma in Life Coaching from A R Training
Facilitator for Strengthening families, strengthening communities parenting program
Facilitator for Strengthening families 10-14 parenting course